close
close

Angelina Jolie claims Brad Pitt is ‘drying her’, but report says it’s the opposite: Celebrities: Enstarz

Angelina Jolie has reportedly claimed that her ex-husband, Brad Pitt, drained her financially when her fortune soared following their divorce.

Jolie, 48, and Pitt, 60, were together for 12 years from 2004 to 2016. They married in 2014 and split two years later after an altercation on board a plane with their children while traveling from France to Los Angeles.

It’s been almost a decade since their divorce, but the exes are still embroiled in a nasty legal battle over their winery. In Jolie’s recent filing, obtained by the Daily Mail, she claimed he tried to “control her and drain her financially.”

RELATED: Angelina Jolie Debuts New Tattoo Amid ‘Destroyed’ Self-Esteem Due to Brad Pitt Feud

Oscar-nominated actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive at the 81st Academy Awards at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, California on February 22, 2009.
(Photo: ROBYN BECK/AFP via Getty Images)

“It is extremely painful for Jolie to have to defend herself against Pitt’s lawsuit – yet another example of Pitt’s relentless attempts to control and drain her financially – especially since Pitt’s false allegations about the reasons why the Miraval deal collapsed can only be proven by doing Exactly what Jolie never wanted to do: tell the judge the reason why the Miraval deal fell through, namely Pitt’s demand for a non-disclosure agreement to cover up his history of physical and emotional abuse of Jolie and their family ‘, according to Jolie’s filing.

However, an unnamed source claimed that Pitt helped enrich Jolie with nearly $100 million when they were together. The money reportedly came from loans, child support, gifts and the millions she made after selling her 50% share of their winery, Chateau Miraval, 10% of which was a gift from her ex-husband.

“Angie says Brad is bleeding her out, but it looks like she wants to bleed him out,” the unnamed source told the newspaper. “Rather than ruin his ex, it seems Brad has gone out of his way to support Angie and help her financially, despite her seeming so vindictive.”

RELATED: ‘Smart’ Shiloh Jolie-Pitt does not take sides between father Brad Pitt and mother Angelina Jolie: report

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie attend a private reception as costumes and props from Disney’s “Maleficent” are on display to support Great Ormond Street Hospital at Kensington Palace on May 8, 2014 in London, England.
(Photo: Anthony Harvey/Getty Images)

The outlet claimed that when the former couple purchased Miraval in 2008, Pitt took a 60% stake in the wine growing operations and estate. The ‘Maleficent’ star, on the other hand, achieved 40%. Sources also said that the ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ star had been consistent in paying their children’s expenses. He had reportedly spent more than $1.3 million on child support, including therapy, and hundreds of thousands on various bills.

Another anonymous source claimed that Jolie secretly recorded Pitt to “get back at him.” She was reportedly willing to use the videos to expose his alleged bad behavior.

Enstarz could not independently verify the claims.

American actors Brad Pitt and his wife Angelina Jolie arrive for the premiere of “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford” during the 33rd Deauville American Film Festival on September 3, 2007 in Deauville, France.
(Photo: François Durand/Getty Images)